WELCOME

Hi You! Where were you yesterday?
Welcome to my blog showcasing works, ability doing what I love to do.
When visiting this blog,relax, take your time & support us by placing your comments or poll on the right.
So, don't just leave without sharing your thoughts, your opinions are greatly appreciated..
Have a nice day! :)


Cuppa Product: Baby

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Budget label

Hi again!
This new Boterman project had been completed since last December. Only that I just have the quiet time to update my 'unabandoned' blog now...

Many dairy products, especially butter/ margarine packed inside closed tin packaging to preserve freshness, usually illustration using 2 or 3 colours only, carrying out 'vintage/classic' look.
During the time, I was posed with manufacturing challenge to produce cheaper label using direct print-to-tin method; this is without comprimising the design appeal/ aesthetic. The method of using minimal colour will greatly reduce the cost of printing. This is interesting, since the first Boterman label is created in full coloured illustration and the productions cost has apparently blown up to the level, which during this economic crisis, impulsive choice isnt the best medicine anymore for many businesses. I guess the owner opted for more tactful business decision to house the colours than his human labours :)~ *current picture shows just the illustration. I will update picture of the real packaging as soon as I complete the photography.

No comments: